8.7.10

Blog Updates

I enjoy getting my hands on a blog template now and again.  As will probably be a theme throughout this campaign, I'm reminiscing about all the change in our lives (Joe's and my own) since we started this project way back in 2003.  Some changes are long-since past and settled.  One change is my grasp of CSS and web-design.  Traditionally very rudimentary, but I've recently been able to take some classes that have made me more confident in fiddling with settings I previously knew not to touch.

How will this translate to the movie project?  Well, the same University that pays for my web classes also provides free access to Adobe Creative Suite 5 Premium.  That, in turn, translates to free copies of Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro, Photoshop, Premiere, and After Effects.  The raw footage itself is in Joe's capable hands, but after the video feed has been more or less prepared, it comes to me for Foley work (sound editing).  This can be something as subtle as noise reduction and volume leveling, or as in-your-face as amplified mech footsteps and explosions.  There are also titles and certain sequences that I've agreed to handle.

A lot of our cooperation is based on self-delegation.  Our partnership is incredibly organic, with practically no chance for regrets or second guesses.  I'm not sure what the ideal work environment will be in my future career, but I know it'll compare poorly with what Joe and I have going.  Then again, that's probably always the case between one's hobby and one's profession.

No comments: